Страници

Monday, July 9, 2012

Women Need Romance in the City

I'm not a spinster ... yet. But these days I watch a Korean drama about an unmarried woman and I have decided to make a list of some of my favourite TV series about old maids.

"Sex and the City"

I'm starting with the most epic of them all, the one, which has begun the whole thing - "Sex and the City".


I know that everyone has heard about this TV show, but still. I love it!
This show is about love and relationships, real friends and pursuing happiness. It shows that a person has the right to choose how to live his/her own life . And no matter how old a girl is, she can relate to some of the things, which happen in the series. And of course, we all like Carrie Bradshaw's glamorous lifestyle.


But I don't like the two films at all. I think everything has to come to an end at some point or it starts losing its sense.

"The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry" 

This is one of my favourite Korean dramas. It is also called "Marry Me", but I like the title "The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry" better.


The story is about three unmarried women in their 30s. Lee Shin Young is a journalist, who falls in love with a younger man. Jung Da Jung is an interpreter, who wants to find a husband desperately. And Kim Boo Ki - a divorced woman, who doesn't look for a serious relationship and actually gives the idea that people should love themselves first. The plot also deals with women's career ambitions, friendship, age difrence in a relationship and cheating. 



It's cute and very amusing drama. And if you need more reasons to watch it, I'll say ... Kim Bum. 


 "I Need Romance"

Last but not least, the drama that I'm currently watching - "I Need Romance 2".I don't like the first version of this drama.

It's very fresh and funny drama. "I Need Romance" is the Korean version of "Sex and the City", but with less "sex" and more "city". It actually shows that every woman needs some romance and drama, an exciting love story.



This drama is about three women, too. The composer Joo Yeol Mae has a complicated relationship with her "special" friend Yoon Seok Hyun, who writes screenplays. And also a new man appears in her life - Shin Ji Hoon. Yeol Mae's friend Sun Jae Gyung has even more complicated relationship with her husband. And Woo Ji Hee- a very naive girl, who is dissatisfied with her boyfriend.
People usually don't talk about this, when they make a drama review, but I should say it - I love the sets of the drama. And there are also some heart-melting moments, that I really like. 
"I Need Romance" is currently airing, so I can't wait to see how the story will develop.


By the way, I don't think that people in their 30s or 40s are old. So, the age problem in all three TV shows is very exaggerated.


No comments:

Post a Comment