Страници

Friday, June 15, 2012

Artsy Playlist

There are some unusual and inspiring artist that grab your heart at some point. They have such bright personalities and are sooo unique. My playlist is for those artist. I'm sure that there are more of them somewhere but I haven't heard them yet. So, for now check out my choices.

Gotye

I'm really glad that his song "Somebody That I Used to Know" has become a hit. Even in my wildest dreams I haven't expected that something so new and different can be so successful. Because the music nowadays seems so alike and there are few outstanding artists and bands. I guess the quality of the music slowly begins to get better.
However, let's get back to the song. It's really catchy and I'm singing it everywhere - "But you didn't have to cut me off ..." on the streets, at home, ... Yeah, you get the point. And the lyrics are very meaningful.
The music video itself is a work of art. And that significant part where the paint is removed from the girl's body, shows she is out of the picture ... literally.



After that song I became interested in Gotye's music and I found another lovely song.



Kimbra

She is featured in Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" and I wanted to hear some of her songs. And I really like them. There is some vintage feeling in her music videos that I really enjoy.

"Settle Down" is definitely a girly song. It's connected with every girl's dream of perfect family and love. The video shows how much effort does a woman put in a relationship, while the man seems so indifferent. The women are represented by little girls and one of them looks like a typical housewife (or the idea of a typical housewife). I think the burning vintage dolls symbolized that the old stereotype of  the women shouldn't exist. I guess, it's a bit feministic.



The next song is sooooo cute. It's about the first thrills of love and when your love isn't one-sided. When you are ready to trust someone and to let him in your life.



Another cute song! The message of the music video and the song is clear - to open up your heart for love.It's very colourful video.



Florence + the Machine

It's a really cool indie rock band and again I should say that I'm surprised that this band is so famous, because they are very different. But now I enjoy watching VH1 again.
Florence has an unique voice and style. The lyrics are amazing and the music sounds epic. There is no need to say more!

A sparkly silver moon and some balloons ... "You've Got the Love"



Musicians at work ... "What The Water Gave Me"



A science-fiction film ... "Never Let Me Go"



Coldplay

I really like some of their songs. They are very creative. However, I didn't like their new song with Rihanna - "Princess of China". Well, it is a nice song, but it just didn't get under my skin. And I think Rihanna is a good singer, but she is everywhere.
So, one of my favourite songs by Coldplay is "Fix You". The music video is simple but it suits the song.



Travis

I like Travis very much. They have really good and unique songs.And their music videos are always so strange, that it's impossible not to love them.
I want to know where is that romantic supermarket. It's so CUTEEE video!



Is there anyone who hasn't dreamt of such a fancy food fight?!



A Fine Frenzy

I found her by accident and I actually thought that A Fine Frenzy is a band. I really like "Near to You". It is the first one that I heard and my favourite so far. It is a very beautiful song! Alison (her real name) isn't as famous as the other artists on my playlist, but she is great.


(Sorry, there is no official video!)

Selah Sue

Another not so famous (at least in my country) singer. Actually, my sister found her. Selah Sue has an amazing voice. Her song - "This World", is featured in a commercial.
I like the black and white music video and I like the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment