Страници

Friday, June 8, 2012

Princes, Princesses and Gentlemen

I'm  starting a new segment called "My Drama Choices". Once a month I'm going to recommend you some TV series. 
I like watching dramas a lot, especially Korean and Japanese. I prefer comedies because I need something amuzing to help me relax after a long day. I also like romance and fantasy films/dramas. 

"Rooftop Prince"


I'm starting with a Korean drama, that I've recently watched. It is called "Rooftop Prince" and it's about Prince Lee Gak from the Joseon era. His wife dies mysteriously and he gets together a team to investigate - Song Man Bo (who is very smart), Woo Young Sul (who is very strong and good at fighting) and Do Chi San (who is very handsome and gossips, if this can be a special power).But somehow they are sent 300 year into the future. They end up in Park Ha's rooftop room. Park Ha is the main heroine of the series.
I don't know how, but she actually believes them that they come from Joseon and she helps them.
In nowadays Seoul, Lee Gak has more mysteries to solve. He has to find out not only how his princess died, but also how his reincarnation Yong Tae Yong died. Also, there is an unexpected mystery behind Park Ha and her older sister Hong Se Na, who is a reincarnation of Lee Gak's dead wife.

 
Of course, Lee Gak and Park Ha fall in love with each other, but I don't want to reveal the plot further. I'll only say that for the ending is used the so called "Deus ex machina", but I like it.


It's a very interesting drama with a lot of surprising twists. It has fresh humour and a couple of heart-warming moments. I like the idea of the eternal destined love. And if you're a K-pop fan, you can watch this drama because of Park Yoochun form JYJ.



"Once Upon a Time"


Can you imagine all your favourite fairytale characters living in a nowadays town? Well, this is the case in the American TV series "Once Upon a Time".
The story takes place in the strange town of StorybRookE. The main character - Emma Swan, is brought there by her son, who she has given up for adoption. His name is Henry and he is adopted by Regina Mills, the mayor of Storybrooke. In fact, Regina is the Evil Queen and Emma is actually the daughter of Snow White and Prince James (Charming).


All the fairytale characters have forgotten that they are from a different world because the Evil Queen casts a curse on them. Only Regina and Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin remember, who they really are.
However, Emma and Henry's teacher Mary Margaret become roommates. Mary Margaret is Snow White, so that means she is Emma's mother.
Every episode tells different story, where the action in the fairytale world and our world develops in parallel. And all the fairytales and characters are connected.

Snow White





Prince Charming (oh, yes, he is)




The Mad Hatter (so hooot)




Belle










































Red Riding Hood

I really love the plot. It's very exciting, romantic and there are some funny moments. But there is one thing that I don't like at all - the special effects. For example, when the action takes place in front of the castle, it is too obvious that it's not a real castle.
However, this is just the first season. I can't wait for the next one.



  "A Gentleman's Dignity"


This drama is currently airing and I absolutely love it so far. It's a bit like the Korean male version of "Sex and the City". It follows the story of four 40-year-old men, who have been friends since they were at school. Kim Do Jin and Im Tae San are business partners. Do Jin meets the high school teacher Seo Yi Soo and he falls in love with her. But she likes Tae San, who is her roommate's boyfriend.


I actually like the personality of Do Jin. He is as sarcastic as me and his hobby is the photography. The way he plays with Yi Soo makes the things exciting. And I really love when just the two of them are together and everything around them turns into a natural landscape.
There are a lot of funny situations in this drama. I hope that it will continue being so interesting. It's very fresh.





 Enjoy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment